Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Just another day in paradise

It is a lovely day again today. It is cooler without being cold. I'm loving it!! Yesterday I took Maxine for a ride then sat in the car port reading. There was such a nice breeze and I was sheltered from the sun (Have to be careful not to get sun poisoning again). Buddy and Tino were on the screened in front porch enjoying the air. All and all it was a wonderful day. I was able to get some shots of the raintrees in the area. I love those trees and wished we had one. Mom was actually thinking of getting one when she had her stroke. When I had the landscaping done, the lady didn't have any, so I got a lagustrim (sp?). It's nice, but not nearly as nice as the raintree. This time of year the tops turn golden and red. So, so lovely! :)

With all this beautiful weather it's difficult to believe Wilma is brewing in the Carribian and may affect us by this next weekend. With Bob working and me scheduled for dental work next week, there is no way we'll be able to evac very far if she decides to come our way. We'll have to be in a wait and see mode. This season still has about 6 weeks left to it. *sigh* If Wilma turns towards the gulf coast, I don't know how those people can deal with another direct hit.

Bob called from work this morning to tell me he forgot his lunch and asked me to make a big sign for next to his coffee pot. He's such a ham! :) Tomorrow is jean day for him, but he forgot to tell me until this AM, so I got his jeans into the wash ASAP. Yes, he only has one pair good enough for work. They aren't allowed to wear them except about once a month. The rest of the time he wears dress slacks. Even with their jeans, they must wear a nice shirt. He picked out some new ones on his own several weeks ago and I love them. They are silk and cotton and do up so very nicely. They weren't even that expensive at the outlet store.

I guess we're going to "baby sit" Spirit starting this week. I'm concerned about how I'll be able to handle him while Bob's at work. He's a very loving dog, but so huge! He has one blue eye and one brown one that has a small dot of blue in it. I understand this is fairly common for huskies.

Great news - for us anyway! IHop is coming to our county seat! We both love their breakfasts and are looking forward to having it in the area. Now if we could get a few other restaurants!! lol!! My personal choices would be Steak n Shake, TGIFridays, Ruby Tuesdays, Olive Garden, Bennigans, and Outback. We have a fantastic seafood one here already. And we have Chili's. We have Sonic and I love my cherry limeade. :) Bob likes Sonny's. Actually, so does Dave. We HAVE to go there every time he's here for a visit. We also go to St Augustine for a seafood meal when we see the Nights of Light. I love St Augustine and am thankful that we live so close.

They are showing some fantastic diamonds by Harry Winston that are going up for auction. There is a blue diamond that is sooooooooo beautiful. It has a beautiful price, too. I think the least expensive item is $500K! I'd be afraid to wear any of it!

Well, I'm off to do some more laundry.

Once in awhile........

Ang

No comments: